Making a dough that works for pizza, focaccia, and bread can be quite simple. Here’s a recipe that you can use as a starting point:
- 500g all-purpose flour
- 7g instant yeast
- 10g salt
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, and salt. Mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the water and olive oil.
- Use a wooden spoon or your hands to mix everything together until you have a rough dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover it with a damp cloth or plastic wrap. Leave it to rest in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and divide it into portions. Use as needed for pizza, focaccia, or bread.
- This recipe makes enough dough for 2-3 pizzas or 1 large focaccia or loaf of bread.
- You can adjust the amount of water depending on the humidity and temperature of your kitchen.
- For pizza, roll the dough out thinly and add your favorite toppings. Bake at 220°C for 10-15 minutes.
- For focaccia, press the dough into a greased baking dish, add toppings such as olive oil and rosemary, and bake at 200°C for 20-25 minutes.
- For bread, shape the dough into a round or oblong shape, place it on a baking sheet, and bake at 200°C for 30-40 minutes or until it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.